Re: [SQU] acl allow and deny, lastest finingd bad news:-(

From: Dr. Michael Weller <eowmob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:40:21 +0200 (MESZ)

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Mark Worsdall wrote:

> acl password proxy_auth 300
                          ===

> Basically when you were asked to authenticate but then 403 access denied
> would come up, so I altered the last rule to:-
>
> http_access allow all
>
> But then you always got through even if it cut down the okTime.

Sorry, I might be completely mistaken as I don't know the specifics
of your authentication module. However, following the whole thread
I wondered what this 300 stands for. AFAIK in this context it means:

authenticate all users, accept only those with username '300'.

I'm under the strong impression that you just want:

acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED

and let you http_access rules alone, they look ok now.
Ok, I'd say the 'http_access allow manager localhost'
and the 'all' in 'http_access allow all okTime password noporn'
can be removed. In the first case the following 'http_access allow
manager' contains localhost anyway and the 'all' in the second
is always true anyway.

######
http_access allow manager # Do you really want this?
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
#
# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS
#acl aclname src
http_access deny deniedsites
http_access deny porn
http_access allow okTime password noporn
http_access deny all
#######

Michael.

--