Re: 411 Length required error.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:48:57 +0200

Squid sends this when the Content-Length header status is different than
expected.

a) If there is no Content-Length on requests which must have one (POST,
PUT)

b) If there is a Content-Length on requests which should not have one
(HEAD, GET)

In this case the routines are sending a Content-Length header with the
value 0 which confuses Squid.

There should be a patch to relax Squid's requirements on the
Content-Length header somewhere. Either on
http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/ or the known-bugs section on
www.squid-cache.org.

There should also be a update available from Microsoft which fixes the
routines not to send a Content-Length header on such requests..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker