[SQU] Yahoo web chat is not working

From: Afridi Hilal <hilalafridi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 07:27:16 -0700 (PDT)

--- squid-users-digest-request@ircache.net wrote:

> [...]
> Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen. ]
> Re: [SQU] Squid Authentication [ Henrik
> Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen. ]
> Re: [SQU] squid does not cache any o [ "Awie"
> <awie@eksadata.com> ]
> [SQU] SNMP [ "Awie"
> <awie@eksadata.com> ]
> [SQU] chat logging [ "K.Deepak"
> <kdeepak@india.adventnet ]
> Re: [SQU] Muffin in front of squid. [ Henrik
> Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen. ]
> Re: [SQU] Confuse about dnsserver [ Henrik
> Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen. ]
> Re: [SQU] what ports does squid need [ Henrik
> Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen. ]
> Re: [SQU] Order of access: cached ob [ Henrik
> Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen. ]
> Re: [SQU] what ports does squid need [ Henrik
> Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen. ]
> Re: SNMP [ Henrik
> Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen. ]
> Re: [SQU] Disable authentication Rea [ "Dr.
> Michael Weller" <eowmob@exp-ma ]
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822
> Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 02:06:57 +0200
> From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se>
> To: Ben Mckellar <bmckellar@optushome.com.au>
> CC: squid-users@ircache.net
> Subject: Re: [SQU] Squid Authentication
>
> pam_auth is another authentication module for Squid.
> There are a quite
> large number of authentication modules to select
> between, all depending
> on what password source you want to authenticate
> against:
>
> ncsa_auth -> NCSA HTTPD style password file
> pam_auth -> PAM services on UNIX
> ldpa_auth -> LDAP database
> MSNT -> Microsoft NT domain controller
> getpwnam_auth -> /etc/passwd (but not /etc/shadow)
> and many more.
>

> ncsa_auth is distributed as part of the Squid
> sources. Squid sources can
> be donloadable from www.squid-cache.org or one of
> it's mirrors.
>
> The instructions I gave was for building ncsa_auth
> from the Squid
> sources and install it in the location where RedHat
> want's things to be,
> without otherwise disturbing the RedHat RPM
> installation of Squid.
>
> --
> Henrik Nordstrom
> Squid hacker
>

> Ben Mckellar wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, i am totally new to this authentication in
> RedHAt.
> >
> > So your saying i install pam_auth (in which i can
> download an rpm) install
> > that then i should be able to make the NSCA_AUTH
> tar ball?
> >
> > e.g
> >
> > wget pam-0.72-26.src.rpm
> >
> > rpm -i pam-0.72-26.src.rpm
> >
> > cd ../NCSA_AUTH
> >
> > tar -xzf NCSA_PLUS.tar.gz
> > cd ./NCSA_PLUS
> > make
> >
> > and it should work??
> >
> > sorry if i have totally taken the wrong track...
> i just have had trouble
> > using the make and configure command in redhat

Hello every one
I am using squid2.2stable5 on a redhat 6.2 dialup box
the problem that i am facing is that whenever my
clients try to use yahoo web based java chat they are
unable to get the chat page.
It always gives an error message that the explorer was
 unable to find server can any one help me if this
regard.More over how can i find out the exact size of
my cache.
Thanking you in advance
Hilal Afridi
World Wide Communications
Pakistan

Dear All,

> I using squid-1.1.22-2.src.rpm
> version of squid in a
> RedHat 5.2 pc. Everything is working fine and i am
> satisfied with the
> performance. Now, i would like to log the chat
> request which goes
> through squid. In my office most of the people chat
> thru ICQ and Yahoo.
> Please tell me how to log the chat sessions using
> squid. (Moreover,
> please note all the users in my office go thru squid
> only in order to
> access external web pages.)
>
> Any constructive suggestions would be highly
> appreciable.
>
> Eagerly waiting for your reply
>
> TIA
>
> Regards
>
> K.Deepak
>
> > begin:vcard
> n:K;DEEPAK
> tel;pager:9610129463
> tel;fax:+91-44-2432749
> tel;work:+91-44-2432414,2432749
> x-mozilla-html:FALSE
> url:http://www.adventnet.com
> org:ADVENTNET DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (INDIA) PVT. LTD
> version:2.1
> email;internet:kdeepak@india.adventnet.com
> title:ENGINEER - SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
> adr;quoted-printable:;;ADVENTNET (INDIA)=0D=0A13-A
> VELACHERY MAIN ROAD=0D=0A"KAASHYAP

ENCLAVE"=0D=0AVELACHEY;CHENNAI;TAMILNADU;600042;INDIA

http://www.squid-cache.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/squid/src/client_side.c.diff?r1=1.504&r2=1.505