Re: [SQU] load-balancing using squid and cisco

From: Shaun Jurrens <shaun.jurrens@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:45:23 +0200

But afaik, WCCP v1 is only good for port 80 traffic, i.e. for transparent proxying. If you aren't currently forcing your customers through a cache or have their proxy settings on another port, WCCP v1 won't see the http request

The other alternative, which is reported to work equally good, is Layer 4 port forwarding with fail-over/load-balancing.