[SQU] Sorry, cannot locate the mentioned NTLMSSP patch.

From: Dr. Michael Weller <eowmob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:42:34 +0200 (MESZ)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Robert Collins wrote:

> One of your errors - the SetUpX errir is from your DC, yes.
> the problem is getting the DC to reuse the challenge issued before the
> comms error. Kinkie is looking into this with Thomas Goebel who has a
> similar, more reproducible problem. (Check the list for a patch to
> nrtlm/auth/modules/NTLMSSP.)

Sorry, however I tried searching the archives, I could not find that
patch. I assume you refer to the one mentioned in [SQU] patch Thomas
Goebel (Fri Oct 20 2000 - 05:23:33 MDT). But these mails just refer to
the patch, they don't contain it. Can anyone forward it to me (and best of
all quick because I'll go the machine in half an hour anyway).

Odd idea: So, in case of the disconnect, the current challenge gets
invalid. However, maybe it is still cached and used until the housekeeping
run is done then it is thrown away. Then IE is unable to perform a new
challenge or always sends the old one which makes the authentication fail
and IE pops up a window. Might this explain why increasing housekeeping
time seems to sooth the issue a bit (I need more experience here though)?.
But probably this is just blathering. I'm also unsure if the amount of
sporadic authentication popups is in any relation to the IMHO few 'ERR
domain controller failures'.

Another (probably bad) news is: If the user clicks away the authentication
prompt with cancel and just reloads the page it typically works, however,
on the DC an invalid authentication request is logged. Typically accounts
are locked after a certain amount of failures.

THX in advance,
Michael.

--
Michael Weller: eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob@ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,