Re: [SQU] checking if an object is in the cache

From: Ilker Gokhan <IlkerG@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:42:24 +0300

Hi,

I have already said "sure there is a better way" :-)) Actually i had already
known your tool before a long time ago. But i could install it now, and it
seems very well. Thank you very much.

#./purge -svc /usr/local/squid/etc/squid.conf -E 'banner.gif'

Currently active values for purge:
# $Id: purge.cc,v 1.17 2000/09/21 10:59:53 cached Exp $
# Debug level : production level + parallel mode + extra verbosity
# Copy-out directory: copy-out mode disabled
# Squid config file : /usr/local/squid/etc/squid.conf
# Cacheserveraddress: 127.0.0.1:3128
# purge mode : 0x00
# Regular expression: 1 "banner.gif"
#
/cache2/00/01/0000015D 0 8746 F95FEFC2CA6A91EF9777A91DC215B7D8
3917ead2 39
17eb06 ffffffff 38e505b3 0460 1
http://a1828.g.akamai.net/7/1828/76/0001/ww
w.symantec.com/imagescorp/resource-banner.gif

Greetings from Istanbul..
Ilker G.

> Kimden: Jens-S. Voeckler [mailto:voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de]
> Tarih: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 5:48 PM
> Kime: Ilker Gokhan
> Bilgi: 'Joel TAQUEBAN'; squid-users@ircache.net
> Konu: Re: [SQU] checking if an object is in the cache
>

> Hi,
>
> try me purge tool in read-only mode. It'll take some time,
> and eat up quite
> a bit of IO (so don't do that on busy production systems):
>
> http://www.cache.dfn.de/DFN-Cache/Development/Purge/
>
> squidhost $ ./purge -svc /path/to/squid.conf -E 'Concept\.pdf'
>
> It will print all cached objects containing "Concept.pdf"
> (case-sensitive,
> use "-e" instead of "-E" for case-insensitivity) and the extended
> information will contain time stamps from "Date", "Expires",
> "Last-Modified" and the like (see README), which will allow you to
> determine - according to Squid's rules and your configuration
> parameters -
> if the object is considered fresh or stale.
>
> List-only mode is default, and does not need to contact any
> Squid instance
> (i.e. should work even if Squid isn't up and running).
>
> Even though the tool is called purge (for its intended
> purpose), it does
> not purge any objects by default.
>
> > Ilker Gokhan wrote:
> >
> > i m sure there is a better way but perhaps is this enough for you:
> >
> > grep 'HIT' access.log.0 | grep -v 'REFRESH' | grep
> 'Concept.pdf' | more
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ilker G.
> >
> > > Kimden: Joel TAQUEBAN [mailto:jtaqueba@apme-ops.dhl.com]
> > > Tarih: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 1:15 PM
> > > Kime: squid-users@ircache.net
> > > Konu: [SQU] checking if an object is in the cache
> > >

> > > Dear squid users,
> > >
> > > I recently have downloaded a pdf file of 1 MB from the
> web: From the
> > > access.log it says the file was accessed.
> > >
> > > How do I check if that 1MB file is really in my cache?
> Say for example
> > > the filename is Concept.pdf ?
>
> --
> Le deagh dhùrachd,
> Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
> Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
> University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726
>
> --

Bu e-postada bulunan tüm fikir ve görüsler ve ekindeki dosyalar sadece adres
sahib(ler)ine ait olup, Sümerbank A.S hiç bir sekilde sorumlu tutulamaz.
The information contained in this E-Mail and any files transmitted with it
are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed and do not reflect those of Sümerbank A.S.