[SQU] FIREWALL_IP_DIRECT Status

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:35:51 -0700 (PDT)

I still have a site with a lone Squid 1.1.22 release running. A question
came up about a problem that someone was having with IE 5.5 and an error
that was being reported.

The client browser had been successfully accessing the Web application for
some time and started reporting pages as inaccessible. I looked at the
log and saw the FIREWALL_IP_DIRECT status.

I just need to confirm that the FIREWALL_IP_DIRECT status meant nothing
more than that Squid went directly to the site instead of sending the
request to its parent proxy.

Merton Campbell Crockett