Re: Purging using Purge tool..

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 15:00:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Ilker Gokhan wrote:

]I would like to see only *.mp3 files in my cache using Purge that is . But
]purge prints all of '*mp3*' files. I have read README but i couldnt how i
]can achieve this. May be because of my poor English (i wish README file
]includes some example). What is the wrong thing?

Purge uses EXTENDED REGULAR EXPRESSION syntax, same as in Squid, similar
to emacs, similar to Perl, see "man regex" and companions on your system.

What you look for is "\.mp3$", using backslash to escape the period and
you need quotes to escape the backslash from the shell. You also want
being *not* case-sensitive, since many windoze systems store them with all
caps ending. You only want things ending in mp3 to be shown, so $ for
that.

        purge -e '\.mp3$'

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726