Re: NTLM authentication, recent logs for Robert Collins

From: Dr. Michael Weller <eowmob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:42:49 +0200 (MESZ)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Dr. Michael Weller wrote:

> 3) And at last a question: What would happen if I restrict myself to 1
> ntlm process (to increase cache hits). Assume I'd accept it slowing
> down authentication a bit. But if there is currently no authenticator
> free, will it just block and wait for a free one or does the user get a
> definitive error?

Using only one authenticator child apparently *dramatically* reduced the
number of reauthentications.

There was only one report of a reauthentication request afterwards, and
after a single reauthentication after the reboot of squid it seems to work
for now *knock on wood*. It is not too clear if that report was actually
correct.

I'll check the logs later for anything suspicious and/or interesting.

Michael.

--
Michael Weller: eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob@ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,
or even mat42b@spi.power.uni-essen.de. If you encounter an eowmob account on