Re: [SQU] Perfomance Issue

From: Michael C. Ibarra <ibarra@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:16:15 -0400

Quoting Shaun Jurrens <shaun.jurrens@no.worldonline.com>:

> On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 10:48:59AM -0400, Audie Pierre wrote:
> #> I have:
> #> SUN E220R / 512MB RAM / 2 x 18.2 GB HDD (mirrored)
> #> Squid 2.3 STABLE4
> #>
> #> Going through squid, it seems to be 5 times slower. Any ideas?
> #>
> #> AP

I've got the same exact setup, and I compiled using async-io and
my performance seems just fine. I have a pair of these, each going
to a different ISP with ICP between the pair via a private net.
I ran into a problem last night when I ran Titan, a hardening tool
from www.fish.com, but I fixed this problem by resetting my perms
for /devices/pseudo/udp*||tcp* to allow writes. I am running Solaris
2.8

-mike

> Search on the website for Solaris. There are tons of suggestions for
> tuning Solaris. Immediately, I can see that your memory allocation is
> probably too low if you're using all 18GB. There are over 125
> configuration options and you have posted none, so you better go back
> and read the documentation and experiment a little. No one is willing
> to do your work for you.
>
> --
> My opinions are my own.
>
> Med vennlig hilsen / Best Regards
>
> Shaun Jurrens (System Administrator)
> World Online Norge AS
> Postboks 598, Skøyen
> N-0277 Oslo - Norway
>
> --

Michael C. Ibarra
Hawk Technologies, Inc (Hawk.Com)
914-725-6300 ext. 111

          The information contained in this message
           is not necessarily the opinion of Hawk
                   Technologies, Inc.