[SQU] Authentication Stress - Part 2

From: Ben Mckellar <Ben@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:29:49 +1000

Ok,

I receive the password box, but thats about it. Should this work with
htpasswd ?

Can anyone spot anything with this? help appreciated.

Key features of my configuration

--------/etc/squid/squid.conf----------
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

------http_Access
http_access allow localhost
http_access allow password
http_access allow all
http_access deny all

-------Authenticate Program--------
authenticate_program /usr/bin/htpasswd /etc/passwd

#### Alternatively, can someone please give me the steps to configure NCSA
into Squid.

WHen i typed make, make install i got an error.

I run Redhat 7.0 standard server install with squid 2.3 stable.

As far as i can see the howtos are made for Freebsd/slackware.. and a lot
of the tar.gz commands bring back errors etc...

Can someone please shed some light on my dilema.

I dont really know where to go from here...

Thanx in advance.

Ben M