Re: [SQU] Platform is Solaris or Linux ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 00:23:09 +0200

T.Q.Huy wrote:

> Dear squid-users,
> We are choosing the platform (solaris or linux) for our Squid
> box.Would You like to tell me the advantages and disadvantages between
> squid on sol. and linux ?
> thanks a lot.

price, performance and knowledge of the OS and matchine. Pick your
values and make a selection.

Both platforms requires quite a bit of tweaking of both the OS and Squid
if you need high performance. For small to medium bandwidth (up to a
couple of MBit) not much tuning should be required.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker