Re: [SQU] Which is the client file descriptor?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 00:01:11 +0200

Li Ni wrote:

> But which one is the client of descriptor 55 and 72 ?

None it seems. Both look like server connections to me, and probably
should have been aborted but haven't. Might be stalled and related to
one of the half-closed sessions, but it looks odd based on the amount of
data seen. Another option is that something odd with Range requests is
going on there..

> And which one is the remote server of descritor 64 ?

Cannot find any. Perhaps it is a cache hit?

> What is the meaning of `half-closed`?

That the client probably has closed the connection, but Squid cannot
tell for sure until it has some data to transmit.

See also half_closed_clients in squid.conf.