Re: [SQU] Fw: NTLM authentication, recent logs for Robert Collins

From: Dr. Michael Weller <eowmob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:49:29 +0200 (MESZ)

Boy, boy... I'm sending plenty small messages today.

This is just to note the following:

I got report my hack doesn't work well (*sniff*). I'll get access to the
logs tonight and might be able to give more details. It seems the shear
amount of 5 or more simultaneous connections (does the load balancing
between multiple DC's work?) is just too much for a DC.

From my current understanding, the best thing one can do is anyway to use
one authenticator only (read: one dc connection, I would expect many
problems with a multiheaded one having more than one connection per DC).

From my logs (but they are too short for a long term experience) it seems
the default challenge refresh of 1800 secs would suffice. Anything close
to or over 40 minutes definitely does not. I'll run with 900 secs for now
in all installations and see if this removes the last authentication
failures.

Michael.

--
Michael Weller: eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob@ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,