[SQU] Logfile analysis

From: Jan Henkins <jan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:36:03 +0200

Hi all,

I've been trawling the net for some good Squid log analyzer software for some
time now, and had a few very nice programs to play with as a result. Some are
simple and concise, and others have professional html output that looks
absolutely fabulous on a printout. All very nice indeed. I can check down to
the actual client level where a specific user has been, and what and how much
was downloaded from there. However, there is just one small little bit of
information missing: *when* the user downloaded a page. I can see how long it
took to download, but I cannot get a timestamp of time/date it happened. When
your IT manager tasks you to audit internet usage on a user level, volumes of
downloads are very circumstantial and won't stand up in an inquery unless it
is backed up by proper time stamps. Quite frustrating... Does anyone on this
list know of an app or script where one can extract this information out of
the Squid cache and/or logs?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,