Re: AW: [SQU] Authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:17:50 +0100

Andreas Moroder wrote:

> It's not a server side problem. I need to know if I can tell the client (
> Explorer ) to take this username from the login data of the client.
>
> Example:
>
> The user logs into a NDS tree.
> It opens a side that needs authentication.
> squid tells explorer to open the authentication dialog box.
> ( here happens the magic )
> Explorer fills up the username with the qualified name.

As far as know Microsoft Explorer can only do this when the user is
logged on to a Window NT domain. The authentication sheme used between
the client and the proxy is then MS NTLM.

If the only thing you are after is the probable username (without
verification) then running ident might be an option.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker