Re: [SQU] File system filling up and deleting files.

From: Ian Mortimer <ian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:51:41 +1000

> 1- This is a bug on 2.3.ST3
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.3/bugs/#squid-2.3.stable3-store=
> Expi
> redReferenceAge

As I said in my original message I already applied that patch.

> 2- You can remove any object using Purge tool that is developed by =
> Jens,
> whatever you want files from your cache. Or reduce referance_age in
> squid.conf.
> http://www.cache.dfn.de/DFN-Cache/Development/Purge/

Thanks for the pointer. Looks like a useful tool but I don't know
yet if it will build under Tru64 unix.

This morning I removed old files using find, stopped squid,
moved the swap.state file and restarted squid which then rebuilt
swap.state. The disk is now sitting at 86% full.

`client mgr:storedir' shows:

   Maximum Swap Size : 1228800 KB
   Current Store Swap Size: 1135374 KB

df -k shows:

   1024-blocks Used Available Capacity
       1990893 1539416 252387 86%

There's a discrepancy of 400MB between what squid thinks it's using
and what df says. The swap.state file is only 1.5M. There are
4112 directories, maximum size 5632 bytes but mostly 512 bytes
so that should add up to less than 20MB. So where's the missing
filespace?

Ian