[SQU] delay-pools with maxconn acl

From: Lionel Bouton <Lionel.Bouton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:44:38 +0100

Hello,

I try to use a delay_pool with an acl using maxconn.
My goal is to limit the bandwidth of the users who launch to many
simultaneous downloads.
Here is the acl and delay_pools setup I use :

----------------------------------
# 10 simultaneous connexions : abuse
acl abuse maxconn 10
# 1 pool for abusers
delay_pools 1
# Define the class of the delay pool
# level 2 : limit on group and IP address
delay_class 1 2
# Define the pool members
delay_access 1 allow abuse
delay_access 1 deny all
# Fix limits : 1000 bytes/s for the whole group, 500 bytes for each
abuser
# 64000 bytes may be downloaded before the bandwidth is limited
delay_parameters 1 1000/64000 500/64000
----------------------------------

This setup works halfway :
- if some IP launches more than 10 connexions, it shows up in the
delay_pool and the limit applies.
- but when the connexions ends, the IP remains in the delay_pool and the
limit remains.

I'm pretty confident in the second affirmation :
- "netstat | grep | wc" tells me the connexions are closed for the OS.
- the IP is in the delay_pool several hours after the above indicates
proper connexion ending.

The only way of removing IPs from the delay_pool seems to be reloading
the configuration (resetting acl "abuse" and delay_pools...).

Configuration :
RedHat 6.2 with all updates from updates.redhat.com applied,
squid-2.3-STABLE4 with all patches from www.squid-cache.org applied.

Is my goal achievable ?

Lionel Bouton.