Re: [SQU] HTTP header date

From: Marc Tardif <intmktg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:35:17 -0500 (EST)

> > Once a page is cached, does squid check the HTTP
> > header date field of the website for each subsequent
> > requests to make sure the cache is up to date? Where
> > can I find details about this in the online docs?
>
> Maybe the FAQ entry answers your question?
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-12.html#ss12.20

Two more questions on the subject:
- When refreshing a cached object, does Squid first
  check the header of the URL and only download the
  body if the HTTP Date reply header (OBJ_DATE) or
  HTTP Last-Modified reply header (OBJ_LASTMOD) has
  changed?

- If not, is there a way to have Squid simulate
  this behavior and ALWAYS at least check the
  header for each request even if the object is
  cached?