Re: [SQU] Could 2.2.STABLE5 use 2.2.STABLE4 patch

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:26:01 +0100

Li Ni wrote:

> I think it is a fool question , but I must sure about it.
> I just download 2.2.STABLE5 and use all patch for 2.2.STABLE5.
> But do I need use other patch for 2.2.STABLEx ?

It depends on which version the bug is said to be fixed in.

Usually patches are only made for the current version at the time the
patch is made and will appear in the next Squid version.. but sometimes
a patch needs more testing and is not automatically rolled into the next
version.

If you are asking about my patch pages
(http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/) then all my patches apply to the
Squid version listed in the header irregardless of which Squid version
the patch was actually made for.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker