Re: [SQU] Cache Digests not Building

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:46:54 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Paul Kincaid wrote:

> I found within the FAQ regarding just general Squid debugging (ie squid -k
> debug), but could not find anything about Digest debuging -- section 16.13
> really just deals with debugging after the digests are up and have been
> swapped between each other.

Section 16.13 lists the "debug section" IDs for CacheDigests under
"Use The Source" heading. That is all you really need to know,
provided you are familiar with general Squid debugging. So,

        1. enable full debugging for sections 71 and 72 (at least) in
           your squid.conf file for two peers
        2. shut the two peers down and start them up
        3. see cache.log for relevant messages

You should check that peer A stores its digest under the exact same
URL that peer B is using to request the digest. If URLs match, check
for other clues tracing digest creation/request activity in cache.log.

Alex.

P.S. peerDigestLookup debugging is not very useful in your case -- it
     is emitted when Squid checks copies of peer digests for possible
     hits. And most (all?) of your assumptions about debugging
     messages where correct proving the FAQ claim of the code being
     "fairly self-explanatory" :)