[SQU] Transparent Caching Doing wierd and wonderful things

From: Joel Gerber <joelg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:52:46 -0500

It seems as if my transparent caching setup for squid under Linux
2.4.0-test9 is doing some wierd and wonderful things. I've been
debugging my configuration a bit, and I'm pretty positive that my
netfilter rules are fine. The various netfilter rules I tried are
below:

iptables -A OUTPUT -t nat -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128
iptables -A OUTPUT -t nat -p tcp -s 0.0.0.0/0 -d 0.0.0.0/0 --dport 80 -j DNAT --to my.ip.address.num:3128

My squid.conf file has the following lines for transparent caching
support:

http_port 3128
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

Everytime I try to access a webpage on the local router/proxy
server, I get a wierd and wonderful error as below:

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.cnn.com/

The following error was encountered:
   * Access Denied.
       Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time.
       Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

I've tried looking at cache.log and it gives an error like so: