Re: [SQU] Performance Question

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:12:08 +0800

Henrik,

I think you are absolutely correct about having proxies can increase the
utilization of the link. Especially, if we use Microsoft products. As we
knew, that Microsoft TCP/IP had bugs to compute RTT (I fixed already since
they release SP6, thanks Microsoft !).

However, When I compare Linux, Mac, and MS Windows to browse (W/O proxy).
Microsoft still has the worst performance (sorry Microsoft !). After I use
proxy, all of OS have same performance (they read from local HDD / RAM).

I am not sure about this symptom, but that is my experience.

Best Regards,

Awie
awie@eksadata.com
PT. EKSADATA INTISOLUSI