Re: [SQU] Squid question

From: Ilker Gokhan <IlkerG@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:40:31 +0200

Why dont you try to use a lot http_access deny/allow line whatever you want?
Try:

http_access allow seniors --> /* If you want to give access right to them to
everywhere*/
http_access allow seniors WebmailIP
http_access deny WebmailIP

you can use ARP based access control if you are using DHCP to assing IP to
your client (of course this option is possible only Linux!).see FAQ how can
it use? In addition, If you have alot of clients on your network, it may be
difficult..

Best regards,
Ilker G.

> Kimden: Simon Bryan [mailto:sbryan@olmc.nsw.edu.au]
> Tarih: Thursday, November 02, 2000 11:08 PM
> Kime: squid-users@ircache.net
> Konu: Re: [SQU] Squid question
>

> Variation on this question, for the same reason, we want to
> move to DHCP
> so I am trying to use User Authentication (working with the
> NCSA module)
> with a file with the user names (no passwords) in and a
> suitable acl rule:
>
> acl seniors proxy_auth "/etc/squid/etc/webmailusers"
> http_access deny WebmailIP !seniors
>
> but it does not seem to work, seems to allow anybody access, wheras I
> would have thought that if it failed it should deny access to
> everyone. Is this
> possible if so what have I done wrong?
>
> > I have a system that assign dinamic IP Address. I need to
> configure no
> > acces for some user listed in a archive, but since this
> user dont have a
> > IP Address static, i dont know how use ACL for denegate access. Its
> > posibble to obtain the IP Addres of a detail archive in the
> server and
> > update a archive which is include in a Acces control
> command but i dont
> > know how frecuently squid check for this archive or if
> there are a command
> > that update the information.
> >
> > Could you help me with my problem????
> >
> > Thank you!!!!!!!

Bu e-postada bulunan tüm fikir ve görüşler ve ekindeki dosyalar sadece adres
sahib(ler)ine ait olup, Sümerbank A.Ş hiç bir şekilde sorumlu tutulamaz.
The information contained in this E-Mail and any files transmitted with it
are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed and do not reflect those of Sumerbank A.S.