[SQU] transparent proxy not seeing all requests

From: David Behr <dave@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 21:20:43 +0200

Hi

I have asked about this before on the list, but I got no replies. I am
sorry to try again, but this thing was working before and I am desperate to
get it to work again. Can anyone help?

I have been successfully running WCCP for about 6 months on Redhat 6.2 and a
2621 router with IOS 12.1. I am using the ip_wccp.o module method.

Recently the box crashed and I had to re-install from scratch and now WCCP
only half works. The router finds squid and starts redirecting packets -
but squid only seems to see a very small fraction of the packets - typically
it just sees the request for the html page and misses requests for the
graphics. Sometimes it misses the whole request altogether. If I set my
browser to directly use the cache, it works great. My router and linux box
are not overloaded.

Does anyone have ideas please. If one packet is redirected, why on earth
wouldn't all packets be redirected.

Thanks

David