Re: [SQU] goodDomains file

From: Dr. Michael Weller <eowmob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:12:01 +0100 (MEZ)

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, [iso-8859-1] Thomas Adam wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> This may well be a stupid question, but in my list of
> goodDomains, I have a list of websites that users can
> go to. However, I have discovered that if you put in
> an entry such as www.undp.org/hdrp goodDomains does
> not recognise the "/hdrp" after the URL.
>
> Is there a way around this???

You have to use the url_regex keyword (I'm unsure with or w/o _, but I
think it is with) rather than dstdomain.

Then the entry: ^http://www\.undp\.org/hdrp
would match only to the hdrp directory of that side (and anything below
it). You'll probably have to check your common unix docs for the complete
syntax of regular expressions.

I don't know if squid will backresolve an ip used, like in:
http://1.2.3.4/hdrp => http://www.undp.org/hdrp
before it does the matching. If not, you could add the 'ip-based' url
to your url_regex list too.

Michael.

--
Michael Weller: eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob@ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,