Re: [SQU] Max cachehit at 200 kB/sec.

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 6 Nov 2000 19:27:26 GMT

In article <3A06F833.7A9A8A47@berlingske.dk>,
Emil S Hansen <esh@berlingske.dk> wrote:
>I have a little problem regarding Squid. I can't get squid to deliver
>more than 200 kB/sec per connection on a hit? If I request the same file
>3 times (at the same time, from the same machine) all the requests get
>200 kB/sec. Is this a compiletime option? Or can I configure squid to
>allow more thrugpout per client? I don't have any delay pools defined
>though I have tried defining one and set it at 800000/1000000 to no
>avail. Hope you can help me.

Typical - I'm running 2.2.STABLE5 on several machines here. The
exact same version - from the Debian package. That version has been
compiled with async io (threads). On single-cpu machines, I get
around 5-10 Mbyte/sec downloads through the cache. On the dual PIII/450
SMP machine, I get 200 KB/sec.

Are you using async io ? On an SMP machine? What OS ?

Mike.

--
People get the operating system they deserve.
Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)