Re: [SQU] Max cachehit at 200 kB/sec.

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 6 Nov 2000 20:22:52 GMT

In article <3A070A6D.5832229A@berlingske.dk>,
Emil S Hansen <esh@berlingske.dk> wrote:
>Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>> >I have a little problem regarding Squid. I can't get squid to deliver
>> >more than 200 kB/sec per connection on a hit? If I request the same file
>> Typical - I'm running 2.2.STABLE5 on several machines here. The
>> exact same version - from the Debian package. That version has been
>> compiled with async io (threads). On single-cpu machines, I get
>> around 5-10 Mbyte/sec downloads through the cache. On the dual PIII/450
>> SMP machine, I get 200 KB/sec.
>
>I'm running Debian Unstable on a PIII-500, a PIII-666 and a PII-350. No
>SMP but they are all compillede with async-io (Debian package). I guess
>I'll give it a try without async-io and maybe fill a bug report with the
>package maintainer.

Don't worry, he knows about it. Try dpkg -s squid and compare the
Maintainer: field with the From: address on this message ;)

>It just gives me grey hair! The "slow" PII can't
>even fill out a 10 Mbit link, max out around 500 kB/sec.

Right, could you try

ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/squid_2.3.4-1_i386.deb

It defaults to no async io. If you want to try async io change
"ufs" into "asyncufs" on the "cache_dir" line in squid.conf and
restart squid.

Let me know how it goes.

Mike.

--
People get the operating system they deserve.
Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)