[SQU] Squid 2.3s4 WCCP, Reading next request

From: Greg Holloway <greg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 18:50:49 +1100

Hi,

We're running FreeBSD 4.1.1 with the GRE patch, squid 2.3-STABLE4.

Since installing WCCP (instead of routing all traffic via the squid PC)
our squid CPU utilisation has doubled. About half our file descriptors
are in "Reading next request" status, all of which have positive numbers
in the Nread and Nwrite column. Apart from that, squid is operating
very well with WCCP.

I am wondering whether this is a squid issue or TCP-related FreeBSD issue?

Secondly, one of our 4GB Store Directories has been allocated only
262000 filemap bits, whereas our other partitions (same megabyte size &
directory structure) are allocated 1048576 filemap bits. As a result,
squid has used all the filemap bits but only 50% disk of the affected
Store directory. Can I adjust this without reformatting the directory
(partition)?

Any help would be appreciated (I have checked the FAQ and archive to no avail)

Thanks
Greg