Re: [SQU] always_direct fails

From: Dr. Michael Weller <eowmob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:41:34 +0100 (MEZ)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Saeed Zamani wrote:

> I had a similar problem and it removed with following config:
>
> acl my_local_domains dstdomain domain1.com domain2.com
> acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> never_direct deny my_local_domains
> never_direct allow all

Both of you completely misunderstood the meaning of always_direct and
never_direct. It is related to the usage of other, upstream, caches and
not at all authentication.

Use http_access. I think if you have a matching allow rule before checking
for certain passwords/accounts it won't prompt for a password.

A dstdomain beginning with a '.' character is AFAIK definitely bogus too.
You might want to use url_regex and a regular expression if you want
to refer to www servers in a certain DNS domain.

Michael.

--
Michael Weller: eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob@ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,
or even mat42b@spi.power.uni-essen.de. If you encounter an eowmob account on