[SQU] redirector spec

From: Dimitris 'sehh' Michelinakis <sehh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:22:41 +0000 (GMT)

I'm running Squid 2.3.STABLE4 which runs 32 processes of the squirm redirector.

I've noticed on high traffic that Squid doesn't use all the redirector processes at
the same time. It just uses the first available, and when that fills up, it uses the
second available.

I think that this 'procedure' is not effective. CPU usage is higher when a single
redirector process is used to its maximum, than splitting the work into
all available processes.

Is it possible to notifty the developers of Squid? I'd like to know if this change
is possible.

þ H.I.C. & D.B.S. þ OS/2 Warp þ Hellas þ
þ ServerConfig þ ConfigEdit þ OS/2 UK UG þ