Re: [SQU] cache_dir disk space problem

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 09:45:24 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Roger wrote:

] If I shutdown squid and do a: echo "" >/cache/swap.state
] will squid delete the old cache files itself?

Though it will give Squid an empty cache, the procedure might still lead
to problems, if you exceed your file system limit, e.g. the first files
from the old cache are small and the first new files are large.

] or do I need to manually remove all the cache dirs/files myself and run
] squid -z to properly get rid of the cache files?

Newfs is usually a lot faster than rm -rf, if cache dirs are concerned -
one of the reasons to put a cache_dir on a disk of its own, so you can
just say newfs, if you don't like it...

Ciao,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems (RVS)
University of Hanover, Germany; ++49 511 762 4726