[SQU] need help

From: jason <jason@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:52:28 -0600

I just installed squid and was wondering if anyone had tried it in the
following configuration:

I've got 2 win2k web servers that one of our salesguys promised a customer
could be load balanced w/fail over within the os. This has proven to
be fairly impossible. What i would like to do is just give th customer
failover using squid as the primary box and have it redirect the
traffic to whichever webserver it can reach. I have gotten squid
running and redirecting to a single box just fine what I am trying to
figure out is how to get it to discover if one of the servers is down
then use a cached copy or contact the other web server. The load
balancing is not an issue right now. If someone has a suggestion on
that it would be nice to have as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Jason Burnett					Senior Engineer
1-800-Hosting.com		                1-800-467-8464