RE: [SQU] Optimum config for Squid on Linux for lots of users

From: Chris Allan <callan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:41:30 -0800

Be extreamly careful with drive space... making sure your log files are on
another partition. I've currently got 1000 users running through my system
and the thing generates some 250MB of log every 3 Days. As for config, I'm
still trying to sort out mine :) Lot's of memory I've found is a must...
right now the Cache is running extreamly fast on a Dual PII-450MHz HP
Netserver w/ 512MB of RAM. I've also had lots of problems with bugs and
improper compile options in STABLE3 so I would be very careful with both.
Make sure to PATCH all the source as per the
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.3/bugs/ BUG-report.

Hope this is a help.

-Chris Allan <callan@gt.ca>