[SQU] stale objects at 2.4 Dev2

From: Sonny Franslay <sonnyfranslay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:40:53 +0800 (Singapore Standard Time)

Hi all,

I am not sure if these problems have been addressed before but I have
tried finding them in the archive but to no avail. I sincerely hope
someone can enlighten me.

1. I am now running squid2.4 Dev2 on a BSD machine. I notice that the
objects inside the cache are stale, they can be as old as two months
ago. I have set the reference_age at the conf to 6 days.

Is anyone experiencing this problem as well? Is there any setting that I
need to do?

The squid is restarted everyday through a cron job, could this possible be
the reason to the stale object?

2. If I delete the objects manually and let squid rebuild the swap state
table, will there be any foreseeable issue?

Thanks in advance.

Sonny I. Franslay