Re: [SQU] Disk space over limit

From: Ethy H. Brito <ethy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:50:32 -0200 (BRST)

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Zeev Meloch wrote:

> This is a known problem. It was in this mailing list on 30/10/2000 already
> and we're fighting with it for a long time already.
> Seems that some people either deny or don't have this problem.
> We've this problem on Solaris 2.6 (squid-2.3-STABLE4)
> You can use this attached script. It's a hack but works for us (you'll have
> to tweak it).
> And, as far as I remember squid-2.2-STABLE5 didn't have this problem.
> The problem is not that squid doesn't delete files, but, because squid
> mistakenly thinks that it uses X space while it uses Y.
> Also check squid-mailing list around 25/09/2000 for the discussion (Subject:
> bug). Unfortunately no one has come with a solution yet.

I saw you script. Question: deleting files at random would not confuse Squid?
Squid has a file (swap.log) on its caches root directory that "holds the
metadata of objects saved on disk" (see cache_swap_log description).

Some Squid hacker could please comment this?
If it does not bring any weird side effects I would like to use it. I'd rather do it
instead of mkfs'ing the cache partition every time it floods!

Ethy H. Brito /"\
InterNexo Ltda. \ / CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
+(12) 341-6860 X ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
Sao Jose dos Campos / \