Re: [SQU]

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:03:24 +0000

Am Tue, 14 Nov 2000 schrieb Herve Lemoulec:
>Hi,
>
>I've got a problem with my Squid-cache server, and I did not find any answer
>in your FAQ :
>
>When the squid-server receives a request like following :
>http://relay1.support.compaq.com:9010/,
>it translates it to a request on port 9010.

This IS a request to port 9010.

>but I would like the request to be executed on port 80 (without any
>interpretation of the original request), because the Firewall between the
>squid and the ISP does not accept tcp connection on port 9010.

This would probably not solve your problem : the answers on port 80 and port 9010
will probably be totally unrelated. In this case, there is no answer at port 80; I checked it out.
If your firewall blocks port 9010, there is no way for squid to retrieve anything which
is going over this port. And if it tries to retrieve something at another port, it
will almost certainly be an entirely different kind of information,
probably not even web-related; think of mail (ports 25, 110 and others) or irc at 194.

So, you have to open port 9010 on the firewall or redirect this port to 80 on the firewall.
Squid cannot do anything about this.

Hope this helps,
Jakob Curdes
iS information Systems oHG