[SQU]

From: Ian Fraser <idfraser@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:13:05 -0800 (PST)

For various reasons (evaluation mainly) I am trying to
get squid to run behind our Checkpoint FW-1 firewall.
Although FW-1 is, I beleive, a packet filtering
firewall we still have to enter its' IP and port in
the proxy settings in our browsers as it requires
authentication. If we do set up the proxy details we
only have to enter our details once per session, if we
don't have them set up we have to enter them numerous
times for each web page.

I have added the following line to squid.conf

cache_peer 192.168.0.1 parent 80 0 no-query default
login=user:password

However when I point my browser at the squid cache
machine I now have to enter my details numerous times
per page, as if squid is not passing on the
user:password pair from the conf file to the FW-1
server.

Any ideas about what is going on and how to fix it?

I've checked the doc but there seems to be a bit of a
lack of info on this.

Ian Fraser