[SQU] Cachehits and bytes ratios

From: David Cundiff <dcundiff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:41:27 -0500 (EST)

I've got a test cache setup using transparent caching with about 300
dialup ports. I'm currently seeing slightly over 50% hitratio and
only a 20% bytes ratio and was wondering if this was normal. I'm assuming
that means that most of the objects I'm returning are small and the large
ones aren't being cached? I've got my max_object_size set to 32 megs. I've
checked thru my access.log and there haven't been many objects over 15
megs. I'm about to setup another on one of my larger POPs which has
about 800 dialup ports and peer the 2 caches which will hopefully improve
the bytes ratio with more users filling the cache's.

Dave Cundiff
World Wide Net
http://www.wwnet.net