[SQU] Accelerator problems...

From: Seung Yoo <shyoo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:09:18 +0900

Hi, everyone, I am using squid-2.3.stable4 under Redhat 6.2, and I noticed some problems using 'accelerator mode'.

1. Squid does not update the web objects immediately even though I changed the objects and pressed 'refresh' button of the Internet Explorer. It keep showing 'TCP_IMS_HIT' in 'access.log' and getting the cached objects. Only after some time(say, 5 miniutes), it updates properly and in 'access.log' , it says 'REFRESH_HIT' even though I pressed 'enter' key not 'refresh' button on the browser.

2. Is there any way to change the refresh time for cached objects? Say, I want the squid to store the web objects for 15 seconds, 1 minute, 1 hour, etc. How can I do that?

Thanks