RE: [SQU] NTLM setup

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:14:55 +0100

> great...what exactly does the patch do to my current squid proxy?

It reworks the internal auhentication path, adding the extensions
needed to support a challenge/response protocol (like NTLM is).
It introduces a new kind of authentication helpers (ntlm) with
a different squid-helper protocol.
It defines a few new helpers.

> will it break my pam_auth or can i do that on my own?

Your pam_auth will continue working with Basic authentication.
You can define one helper for each authentication scheme.

--
	/kinkie