Re: [SQU] Squid PID problem again

From: Dave Wilson <davew@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:12:12 +0200

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting back to me, it's doesn't seem to be a directory
permissions problem as you suggested but more of a cache_effective_user
problem on this Linux Boxlet...
The rest of the permissions are 100% and even if I echo "squidprocid" >
squid.pid and then chown cache:cache squid.pid, Squid then shuts down 100%,
Squid starts again and then the ownership of squid.pid is set back to
"root".
Really weird ! ....

Thanks anyways.

Regards
Dave Wilson
The S.A. Internet
(033) 3456777
0825496159
http://www.sai.co.za
"Who is "General Failure", and what is he doing reading my hard disk ?"