[SQU] Password access without passing username?

From: <rob1tt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:52:08 +0000

I want to be able to set a password for our pupils so that they can not
access the internet without a teacher granting them access.

Using proxy_auth I can do this without problems, however I still want an
RFC931 lookup to be done so that the users login name will appear in the
logs and not the Proxy_Auth name.

Is there a way to do this or is there a way to password lock the proxy
whilst still performing the Ident lookup.

At the moment the kids either have free access with their names logged or
they have restricted access with the name of the proxy_auth user logged.
Neither situation is ideal as pupils are using the internet when they are
not supposed to, but at least we know who they are. If we do the proxy_auth
they can only use the internet when they have been logged in by a
staff member but from then on we have no idea who they are.

Any Ideas

Rob.