Re: [SQU] Squid 2.4.DEVEL4 on Linux 2.4 Transparent Proxy?

From: Evan Jones <ejones@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:21:16 -0500

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hrm. Unless someone beats me to it (please!), I guess I'll compile a
> linux-2.4 kernel and give patching squid a try before squid-2.4 is
> released.

Squid 2.3 works fine on Linux 2.4 with an identical configuration. I did an
rgrep through the source and it doesn't have a call to getsockopt for
SO_ORIGINAL_DST that is needed to get the original destination with Linux
2.4, so why does it work and Squid 2.4 doesn't?

> (This would probably be a nice quick modification for someone who is
> looking for an introduction into learning how squid's internals work.
> Mail me privately if you want to give this a go.)

I am interested in making the required modifications. From what I can see I
don't think it is a big change.

Thank you.

--
Evan Jones - ejones@netwinder.org