[SQU] The answer to the Red Hat 7 cache_dir problem!!

From: Bill Delphenich <bdelph@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:50:57 -0500

With no thanks to some stuffed shirts who frequent this mailing list, I
found the problem getting Squid to initialize on RedHat 7. I thought I
would post it here in case anyone else might be running into the same
thing and is reading this mailing list for real solutions to real
problems instead of egotistical blubbering from yet another RTFM twit.
Maybe these people should Read The F**** Question before leaping onto
their high horse!!

The problem is that Red Hat seems to put its directives in a big glob
back under the "ACCESS CONTROLS" section of the squid.conf file instead
of putting it in "LOGFILE PATHNAMES AND CACHE DIRECTORIES", where I
expect to find it. Therefore, no matter what you set the "cache_dir" to
under "LOGFILE PATHNAMES AND CACHE DIRECTORIES", it is overwritten by
the second cache_dir setting. Since I always edit configuration files
using vi, I never thought to look anywhere except where things are
supposed to be. I remmed out the second setting and VOILA!, my setting
had been correct all along.

So, now onward and upward to bigger and better problems!