[SQU] group_ldap_auth - Unlinkd pipe opened on FD 20

From: <Bruce_M_Richardson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:00:54 +0000

Hi,

I have read the previous requests for help using the above module in the
archives. Has anyone got anywhere with this?

I am also having trouble getting the request for authentication, I just get the
browser error message.
I am using Squid Cache: Version 2.3.STABLE3-ldap_auth on RedHat 6.2

cache.log includes the following.....

2000/11/23 13:52:42 helperOpenServers: Starting 5 'group_ldap_auth' processes
2000/11/23 13:52:42 Unlinkd pipe opened on FD 20

perhaps the 2nd line is relevant ?

I can use the OpenLDAP tools to query my LDAP server (Netware 5.1)
Squid happily starts 5 child processes of group_ldap_auth that bind to the LDAP
server, I can see this using a DSTRACE on the Netware console.
But when I try to use the cache nothing happens except the error message "The
page cannot be displayed", the same one you get when the site does not exist.
Each attempt to use the cache results in another bind attempt to the LDAP
server.

my additions to squid.conf are as follows ...

ldap_auth_program /usr/local/squid/bin/group_ldap_auth ou=liverpool,o=ub
maple-uk 389
.
.
acl liverpool ldap_auth REQUIRED
.
.
http_access allow liverpool

Any help would be appreciated ...regards,

Bruce Richardson