Re: [SQU] Stop Forwarding

From: tom <tallison@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 06:45:18 -0500

Craig Fels wrote:

> I found this in the FAQ...

> First, you have to tell Squid to listen on port 80 (usually), so set the
> 'http_port' option:
>
> http_port 80

I have that. Actually its set to :
http_port 192.168.0.1:8080
http_port aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:80

> Next, you need to move your normal HTTP server to another port and/or
> another machine. If you want to run your HTTP server on the same machine,
> then it can not also use port 80 (except see the next FAQ entry below). A
> common choice is port 81. Configure squid as follows:
>
> httpd_accel_host localhost
> httpd_accel_port 81

I'm configured on another machine:
httpd_accel_host 192.168.0.200
httpd_accel_port 80

> Alternatively, you could move the HTTP server to another machine and leave
> it on port 80:
> httpd_accel_host otherhost.foo.com
> httpd_accel_port 80

Does it matter if I use the IP or FGDN in the httpd_accel_host
statement?

> You should now be able to start Squid and it will serve requests as a HTTP
> server.

Accell Denied
I have a forwarding loop that keeps hitting the following line:
Via 192.168.0.1:8080 (actually, the name is resolved to
gandolf.mydomain.net:8080)

> >From one of your previous emails, I think you mentioned that you have one
> machine that runs Squid and acts as your gateway to the Internet. You have
> 2 NICs with the IPs 123.123.123.123 and 192.168.0.1
>
> www.domain.net resolves to 123.123.123.123.

Yes
I have these lines listed, I just didn't type in the httpd part of
the names on the email.