Re: [SQU] Transparant proxy question

From: Ilker Gokhan <IlkerG@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:09:04 +0200

I think this situation is originated by your browser, not by squid..

Ilker G.

Kimden: Fabian Krämer [mailto:fabian.kraemer@VITODATA.CH]
Tarih: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 12:20 PM
Kime: squid-users@ircache.net
Konu: [SQU] Transparant proxy question

Hi,

I've installed transparent proxying with a route-map on my Cisco router. The
transparent proxying works well => I can see the http request in the
cache.log.

The question:
If I enter an unexisting url in my web browser (browsing via squid
transparent proxying) than the http://search.msn <http://search.msn> page
opens. Why? Why doesn't the squid http page open which tells me that squid
couldn't find the URL (this is only if I use non transparent proxying).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Fabian

Bu e-postada bulunan tüm fikir ve görüsler ve ekindeki dosyalar sadece adres
sahib(ler)ine ait olup, Sümerbank A.S hiç bir sekilde sorumlu tutulamaz.
The information contained in this E-Mail and any files transmitted with it
are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed and do not reflect those of Sumerbank A.S.