[SQU] HTTP Push Capability

From: Mark Snellings <msnellings@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:30:55 -0500

I am currently running squid 2.4DEVEL 4 on a Windows 2000 machine. I am implementing a system which content is collected via crawlers and then packaged for satellite broadcast to multiple receivers. Once the data is received I want to push the web content into a squid cache. I am looking at ways to populate the cache. The way I have come up with so far is an "HTTP PUSH" capability which is I have read about in several white papers.

Has any squid development been done on a HTTP PUSH capability? Does anyone have access to the white paper referenced below which describe the capability in more detail?

[Chen98] Hua Chen, etc. "HTTP Push: A New Method for Squid-Based Cache Engine," A&T Systems White Paper, June 1998.

Thanks in advance,
Mark Snellings