[SQU] Q: Acceleration

From: Timothy Lorenc <tim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:52:21 -0500

Hello Squid-Users:

I have been experimenting with squid and I tried to go through
the FAQ, User's Guide, and the list archives to try to find
an answer to my environment.

I have two systems that I am trying to accomplish httpd
acceleration.

System1
First system is an Intel-based Solaris server running Solaris 8
and Apache 1.3.12 with limited memory, but lots of disk space
for storage and some databases.

System2
The second system is a ROSS Module-based SPARC 20 running
Solaris 8 with half a GB of memory, but marginal disk space.

What I am trying to do is accelerate the web-sites hosted by
System1 via System2. I am doing NameVirtualHost'ng on System1
because I only have one IP Address for it and when I setup
System2 with squid to accelerate web-pages from System1 I
always get the same page.

To throw another curve into the situation, I was trying to
configure System2 to answer all HTTP requests for the
www.domain.com URL notation, but get the correct HTTP
information from System1 and cache it for fast access to
my hosted web-sites. I was going to make a DNS change
to make this happen... but I have held off because of my
incorrect configuration of squid to accomplish this.

If any one has any input as to how I can accomplish this
please let me know, or if I am smoking crack and this cannot
be done, please let me know also... Thanks.

-- GET LOADed!

Timothy Lorenc USmail: LOAD, Ltd.
VP Technology 1700 W. Horizon Ridge Pkwy
                               Suite 102
Email: tim@load.com Henderson, NV 89012
http://www.load.com